THE CAMP IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ITS 2013 SESSIONS.
TO RECEIVE INFORMATION ON THE 2014 CAMP SESSIONS, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
ASSISTANT COACHES/CAMP COUNSELORS NEEDED
Thank you for your interest in potential employment at the Longhorns Swim Camp at The University of Texas at Austin! Since 1978, the Camp has provided an exciting experience that consistently provides a balance of training, technique, fun, and exposure to our respected coaching staff to campers and up-and-coming coaches. The tradition, rich history, and top-notch facilities at the University of Texas, along with the Camp’s premier reputation combine to make this one of the most exciting aquatic environments in the country.
For 2013, the Camp is seeking 20-26 individuals who are motivated, team-oriented, energetic, enjoy coaching, learning, and working with young people. This is an exciting opportunity for established and up and coming coaches! It is highly encouraged to complete and return all paperwork ASAP.
Work with our internationally known coaches and swimmers:
- Three-time Head Olympic and UT head men's coach Eddie Reese
- UT women's head coach Carol Capitani
- 2009 World Championships coach and UT assistant men's coach Kris Kubik
- UT assistant women's coach Roric Fink
- Guest coaches include Olympians: Josh Davis, Ian Crocker , Garrett Weber-Gale, Brendan Hansen, Kathleen Hersey, and Colleen Lanne'-Cox.
FIVE one-week sessions (May 26 - June 28).
Room, board, parking, recreational sports pass, and local telephone. Starting salary is $500/session. Travel expense help of $60/session worked (up to $300 maximum). NIKE camp apparel package also included. Applicants must agree to work in an alcohol/drug-free environment, completed at least 60 hours of college coursework, and have competitive swimming, coaching and/or camp counseling experience. References, First Aid, CPR, and/or Lifeguarding/Safety Training for Swim Coaches required.
E-mail with any questions.Due to World Championship Trials (June 25-29), Coaches Reese, Capitani, Kubik, and Fink will not be in attendance for Session 5. However, head camp coaches will be Olympians Brendan Hansen and Ian Crocker! We believe this will still be a fantastic camp session and offer a unique experience for those in attendance! Please contact the camp office at 512-475-8652 or
1) Download the 2013 Employment Application Forms HERE
If you have trouble downloading or opening the forms, e-mail the camp and have them mailed or faxed to you.
NOTE: The above forms are interactive PDF's in most areas - you can complete electronically using Acrobat Reader, print, sign, and return. Some fields may require you to complete the information by hand if the text will not fit.
Be sure all forms are complete, signed, and dated. Missing information can delay the application process.
2) Include Driver License: You MUST include a clear copy of your driver's license for identification purposes with the Criminal Background Check form.
3) Obtain a UT EID: This is an electronic identification that connects your information to payroll and employment records. Please visit https://idmanager.its.utexas.edu/eid_self_help/, and click “Get a UT EID” to get started. Your UT EID should be on all forms that ask for it. Be sure to keep this for your records.
If you have worked camp in the past, you already have a UT EID assigned to you.
4) References: All applicants must have THREE letters of reference sent to the camp address separate from their application.
5) Complete and return all forms to:
Jon Alter, Director
Longhorns Swim Camp
The University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box 7399
Austin, TX 78713-7399
NOTE: Completed Forms may NOT be e-mailed or faxed.
6) Applications are considered complete when all required forms and letters have been received. Applicants will be notified by e-mail when their application is complete.
Questions? Please contact Jon Alter, camp director at:
office: (512) 475-8652
The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status, or sexual orientation.