The Longhorns Swim Camp is now accepting applications
for the 2016 camp sessions!
ASSISTANT COACHES/CAMP COUNSELORS NEEDED
Thank you for your interest in potential employment at the Longhorns Swim Camp at The University of Texas at Austin! Since 1978, the Camp has provided an exciting experience that consistently provides a balance of training, technique, fun, and exposure to our respected coaching staff to campers and up-and-coming coaches. The tradition, rich history, and top-notch facilities at the University of Texas, along with the Camp’s premier reputation combine to make this one of the most exciting aquatic environments in the country.
For 2016, the Camp is seeking 23-26 individuals who are motivated, team-oriented, energetic, enjoy coaching, learning, and working with young people. This is an exciting opportunity for established and up and coming coaches! It is highly encouraged to complete and return all paperwork ASAP. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Work with our internationally known coaches and swimmers:
- Three-time Head Olympic and UT head men's coach Eddie Reese
- World University Games, Dual in the Pool, and UT women's head coach Carol Capitani
- 2015 World University Games and UT assistant men's coach Kris Kubik
- UT assistant women's coach Roric Fink
- Guest coaches include Olympians: Josh Davis, Ian Crocker , Garrett Weber-Gale, Brendan Hansen, Whitney Hedgepeth, Colleen Lanne'-Cox, and Ricky Berens.
FOUR one-week sessions (May 29 - June 24).
Room, board, parking, and recreational sports pass provided. Starting salary is $550/session. Travel expense help of $75/session worked (up to $300 maximum). NIKE camp apparel package also included. Applicants must agree to work in an alcohol/drug-free environment, completed at least 60 hours of college coursework, and have competitive swimming, coaching and/or camp counseling experience. References, First Aid, CPR, and/or Lifeguarding/Safety Training for Swim Coaches required.
E-mail with any questions.Due to the outstanding response from the 2015 sessions, Olympian Ian Crocker will return as head camp coach for session 4! We believe this will be another fantastic camp session and offer a unique experience for both campers and counselors! Please contact the camp office at 512-475-8652 or
1) Download the 2016 Employment Application Forms HERE
Complete & Return:
If you have trouble downloading or opening the forms, e-mail the camp and have them mailed or faxed to you.
NOTE: The above forms are interactive PDF's in most areas - you can complete electronically using Acrobat Reader, print, sign, and return. Some fields may require you to complete the information by hand if the text will not fit.
Be sure all forms are complete, signed, and dated. Missing information can delay the application process.
2) Obtain a UT EID: This is an electronic identification that connects your information to payroll and employment records. Please visit https://idmanager.its.utexas.edu/eid_self_help/, and click “Get a UT EID” to get started. Your UT EID should be on all forms that ask for it. Be sure to keep this for your records.
If you have worked camp in the past, you already have a UT EID assigned to you.
3) References: All applicants must have THREE letters of reference sent to the camp address separate from their application.
4) Complete and return all forms:
By USPS mail:
Jon Alter, Director
Longhorns Swim Camp
The University of Texas at Austin
P.O. Box 7399
Austin, TX 78713-7399
5) Applications are considered complete when all required forms and letters have been received. Applicants will be notified by e-mail when their application is complete. Final employment status is based upon passing both a criminal background check performed by the University of Texas Human Resources Department, and an online course on child abuse prevention.
Questions? Please contact Jon Alter, camp director at:
office: (512) 475-8652
The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status, or sexual orientation.