2022 Texas Technique Clinic
Sunday, April 10
(rescheduled from January 9)
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Exceptional one day technique clinic (10am - 4pm)
Conducted by UT Women’s Head Swimming Coach Carol Capitani, Assistant Women's Coach Mitch Dalton, and Associate Head Men's Coach Wyatt Collins.
Build new skills!
Work with our internationally respected coaching staff!
Refresh and improve your technique!
This clinic has SOLD OUT from 2013-19!
- We are currently only allowed to accept campers ages 12-18 per current University policy regarding youth programs on campus.
- ALL campers will be required to present a negative COVID-19 test result, regardless of vaccination status, taken within 72 hours of arrival in order to check in and gain deck access.
- Per University mandate regarding youth programs and for the safety and well being of all campers and staff, spectators are NOT allowed to observe any clinic sessions at this time. This may change as the clinic date approaches.
- Campers are responsible for providing their own lunch/snacks. It is highly recommended to bring a water bottle.
- We highly recommend campers wear face coverings when not in the water and on deck and in the bleachers.
HOW TO REGISTER
1. Register ONLINE!
If you have an online account from previously attending the Longhorns Swim Camp or Texas Technique Clinic , you may log in using your camp account with Active.com. If this is your first time attending a camp/clinic, please follow the prompts to register.
2. Online registrants will have a confirmation e-mail including information and medical form packets sent immediately upon completion of registration. This will contain important information about the clinic, as well as medical forms required for participation. PLEASE PROVIDE A FREQUENTLY CHECKED E-MAIL ADDRESS.
WHO CAN REGISTER
Male and female swimmers (ages 12-18) of any ability level are welcome. It is highly recommended, but not required, that swimmers have competitive experience prior to attending. This is NOT a learn to swim setting. Clinic space is limited to 100 swimmers and available on a first come - first serve basis. On-site registration permitted on space available basis.
Per NCAA rules, sport camps and clinics conducted by The University of Texas are open to all entrants. Enrollment is limited only by age, grade level, gender, and capacity restrictions as specified by each camp.
Clinic fee is $200 and includes coaching, facility use, t-shirt, and swim cap. Fees payable by check, money order, or credit card ONLY. NO cash payments are accepted. A $50 cancellation fee will be charged for clinic withdrawals after Wednesday, March , 2022. NO REFUNDS will be issued for cancellations after Friday, April 8, 2022.
ALL attendees must have required forms complete and on file PRIOR to attending. All forms are electronic, and may be completed using DocuSign, our secure document handler. DocuSign allows you to complete, electronically sign, and return your forms online.
- All forms must be complete and on file in order for campers to participate.
- Campers must be cleared for activity by a physician within 14 months from the date of the clinic. Parents are required to acknowledge this on the required forms.
We are required to provide you with a copy of the University of Texas Notice of Privacy Practices.
If your camper’s medical forms are not complete and on file, they are not allowed to participate in clinic activities, and are not allowed to check in to camp. This is a University of Texas mandate, not just camp policy.
DUE April 6, 2022!
CLINIC INFORMATION PACKET: contains important information such as what to bring, schedule, parking information, etc. This is also included in the clinic confirmation e-mail received after registering.
9 a.m.: Check in and registration at pool begins
10 a.m. – Noon: Pool session #1: Short Axis (Breaststroke & Butterfly)
Noon – 1 p.m.: Lunch; Q&A with UT Swimmers
1 – 3 p.m.: Pool session #2: Long Axis (Freestyle & Backstroke)
3 – 3:15 p.m.: Break
3:15 – 3:45 p.m.: Starts
3:45 – 4 p.m.: Clinic wrap up & goodbyes
The clinic will be held at the Lee and Joe Jamail Texas Swimming Center on The University of Texas campus. Ranked by Sports Illustrated as the second fastest pool in the United States, it is home to 24 NCAA national championship teams. Visit their website!
Check-in begins at 9 a.m. on Sunday, April 10, at the Jamail Texas Swimming Center. Clinic ends at 4 p.m. Campers are picked up at the pool. Please note the deck will not be open for participants until 9:30 a.m.
TRANSPORTATION and PARKING
Attendees are responsible for their own accommodations, transportation to/from the clinic, and parking. Specific parking information will be included in the information packet.