Click HERE to receive employment information for 2021!
ASSISTANT COACHES/CAMP COUNSELORS NEEDED
Thank you for your interest in potential employment at the Longhorns Swim Camp at The University of Texas at Austin! Since 1978, the Camp has provided an exciting, professional experience that consistently provides a balance of training, technique, fun, and exposure to our respected coaching staff for campers and up-and-coming coaches. The tradition, rich history, and top-notch facilities at the University of Texas, along with the Camp’s premier reputation combine to make this one of the most exciting aquatic environments in the country. 2021 will be year 42 for camp, and we are looking to make it the best!
For 2021, the Camp is seeking 23-26 individuals who are motivated, team-oriented, energetic, enjoy coaching, learning, and working with young people. This is an exciting opportunity for established and up and coming coaches! It is highly encouraged to complete and return all paperwork ASAP. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
Work with our internationally known coaches and swimmers:
Guest coaches include Olympians: Josh Davis, Ian Crocker, Garrett Weber-Gale, Whitney Hedgepeth, Colleen Lanne'-Cox, and Jimmy Feigen. National Team member Madisyn Cox, and NCAA Champions Will Licon and John Shebat.
FOUR one-week sessions (May 24 - June 19).
Room, board, parking, and recreational sports pass provided. Starting salary is $600/session. Travel expense help of $75/session worked (up to $300 maximum). NIKE camp apparel package also included. Applicants must agree to work in an alcohol/drug-free environment, completed at least 75 hours of college coursework, and have competitive swimming, coaching and/or camp counseling experience. References, First Aid, CPR, and/or Lifeguarding/Safety Training for Swim Coaches required. If selected, employees will also need to complete an online driver's education course for using camp vehicles, as well as an online child protection training course.
Special note regarding Session 4 (June 14 - 219): Due to the outstanding response from the 2019 sessions, Olympian Ian Crocker will return as head camp coach for session 4! We believe this will be another fantastic camp session and offer a unique experience for both campers and counselors! Please contact the camp office at 512-475-8652 or E-mail with any questions.
1) Download the 2021 Employment Application Forms:
Complete & Return:
If you have trouble downloading or opening the forms, e-mail the camp and have them mailed or faxed to you.
The above forms are interactive PDF's in most areas - you can complete electronically using Acrobat Reader, print, sign, and return. Some fields may require you to complete the information by hand if the text will not fit. Be sure all forms are complete, signed, and dated. Missing information can delay the application process.
2) Obtain a UT EID: This is an electronic identification that connects your information to payroll and employment records. Please visit HERE, and click “Get a UT EID” to get started. Your UT EID should be on all forms that ask for it. Be sure to keep this for your records. If you have worked UT camps in the past, you already have a UT EID assigned to you.
3) References: All applicants must have THREE letters of reference sent to the camp address separate from their application.
4) Complete and return all forms:
By USPS mail:Longhorns Swim Camp
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78713-7399
5) Applications are considered complete when all required forms and letters have been received. Applicants will be notified by e-mail when their application is complete. Final employment status is based upon passing both a criminal background check performed by the University of Texas Human Resources Department, and an online course on child abuse prevention.
Please contact Jon Alter, camp director at:
office: (512) 475-8652
The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status, or sexual orientation.