2021 Camp Status Update (5/3/21):
We hope everyone has been able to stay safe and healthy over the last few months, and we greatly appreciate your patience. While we remained hopeful that summer camps would be able to happen, we have made the difficult decision to cancel sessions for Summer 2021. We do not want to keep anyone waiting any longer as UT has not made a final decision yet on in-person summer youth programs. Other factors included:
- Due to the timing of this decision, the schedule of Olympic Trials in June (13-20, with athletes/coaches departing on/around June 10), as well as two week-long USA Sectional meets held at the Texas Swimming Center in July, consistent pool time is limited for 2021.
- We do not just want to offer camp just to "fill the pool", but to continue providing the exceptional camp and life experience we are known for. This includes being able to offer our traditional week long overnight and day camp sessions, which we are unable to do this summer.
- There is a very HIGH likelihood that at least half our college coaches will be at the Olympic Games with their athletes. This would require them to be gone the month of July at training camps before heading to Tokyo. Having our coaches on deck with campers is a big part of the Texas experience.
- We would be limited to DAY camps only in 2021.
- We would be limited to prospect age campers only in 2021.
Our thoughts as a Texas Athletics Family remain on the health, safety, and well-being of everyone. Please take care of yourself and those around you.
The Longhorns Swim Camp Coaches & Staff
TRAIN LIKE A CHAMPION!
For 43 years, the Longhorns Swim Camp has offered elite-level instruction with a fantastic summer camp experience! Led by Texas Head Coaches Eddie Reese and Carol Capitani, camp is held in the world renown Jamail Texas Swimming Center on the University of Texas at Austin campus. Home to 24 National Championship teams, it is considered one of the finest aquatic venues in the world.
NEW $10 MILLION EDDIE REESE OUTDOOR POOL
Per NCAA rules, all sport camps and clinics conducted by The University of Texas at Austin are open to any and all entrants and enrollment is only limited based on age, grade level, gender, or number restrictions as specified by each camp.
NCAA guidelines prohibit payment of camp expenses (e.g., transportation, camp fees, spending money, etc.) by a representative of The University of Texas' athletics interests. NCAA rules also prohibit free or reduced camp admission for prospects (9th grade and above).